Chicago Meet & Greet! :’)

I don’t know about y’all but i had one of the best weekends EVER! I’ve always gotten a lot of requests to plan a Meet & Greet.. Locally in Chicago and wherever else but I felt too nervous and silly to formally plan something. I dont know why.. I had no idea of how it would go down, if anyone would even come out (because really, who am I?), and it just felt a little too…. narcissistic. Luckily, my friend Mohammad (I refuse to call you by your “stage” name lol! aka your last name – Langston), took the reigns and planned a Chicago M&G. HOW GRATEFUL AM I!? I had it all wrong, it was nothing formal or pretentious like i had always imagined… the best way i can describe it is..  “sweet”. Literally two hours of smiling, selfies, and new friends.. every single person was SO nice, i loved hearing everyone’s “story”.. some girls trekked out from the burbs with their families, a group was on vacation from Toronto, a few lived in or had strong ties to Michigan which made me feel like i was at home sans homesickness. Sighh i want to do it all over again! If any of you couldn’t make it this past weekend let me know!! I’m so down to set up a round 2 with coffee/cupcakes. There was a group of sisters that had to leave one behind because she had work, so i want a do-over with them anyways! The more the merrier!

I had a early morning shoot with Nina of NBC’s American Dreambuilders so i was running suuper late to the M&G and didn’t have time to find my camera :( i wanted to vlog it so bad and take lots of photos. I didn’t take a single ONE (except for my very first bean photo after living here for over a year lol) soooo please send me photos if you came and have some! I found a few via Instagram but there were so many more of you and i want to keep in touch with you all! Social media has made it so easy to continue yesterday’s high and to remember names/faces & to keep in touch! Please tag/tweet me @irenesarah or email me! contact@irenemahmud.com

THANK YOU to each and every person that came out, I loved all of the time we got to spend together. Thank you for your love and support and I hope you enjoyed meeting me as much i loved meeting you!

Outfit Details:
Tweed Peplum Top: WeQueen
Faux Leather Leggings: Kardashian Kollection
Shoes: Bebe
Purse: Chanel
Phone Case: Velvet Caviar

Here are a few of the photos i found while creeping hehe…

Maheen, Anam, & Hanna
Probably the most enthusiastic girl I met yesterday!!! Nishat, I loved youuu! Props to your mom and brother for being such troopers!!
Cutie aspiring beauty blogger, Zoya
The man that made it all possible, thanks Mo!!
ahh the benefits of being late! lol!! they knew i was running late because of my IG so they took their time and came when everyone left so we got lots of 1 on 1 playtimee!!

Anam, Amna, Sheena, & Sameena

Our very own Oscar selfie!
Jaleela, Salmaan, Anam, Mo, Sheena, Amna, & Sameena up front!
Are they not SUCHHH a 90s girlgroup??? freaking LOVE it!!

Bella, Kiana, & Eryana — they even have such superstar names!

Girl group once again :)
Adorable Samira!
Hottie Dounya and our matching Engagement rings! (+ weddings bands!) twinning!
Anam & Leena
Chanel perfume bottle iphone case twinning with Leena haha!!
Playtime with Sheena & Amna
Selfies with this glamazon, Sheena! lol @ my awkward hands… in our other photo i was literally holding my own hand hahahahaha
twinsy BFFs Maheen & Hanna
Toronto Gyals!!
Mohammad, Anam, Habiba, Nailah, Nusrat & Amina
that FACE tho LOL!!
Will update this post as i receive/find more photos!! keep in touch ladies! i love you all!
Spread the LOVE:

1. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 3:52 pm

Irene, I can tell by your post just how humble and down to earth you are! You are beautiful inside and out, I wish I could have met you!

2. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 3:58 pm

You really should be doing meet and greets with bloggers that are at your level instead of letting people mooch off of your success. That wasn’t supposed to be negative but I don’t know how else to say it.

• May 19, 2014 / 4:02 pm

I didn’t organize this M&G dear, I was invited to be a part of it and i’m beyond grateful! Any excuse to connect with my supporters is amazing!!! I dont think anyone involved had a hidden agenda and feels the same way. It was a beautiful Sunday!

• Anonymous
      May 19, 2014 / 5:22 pm

I agree! I saw some twitter drama from some guy making fun of Irene asking why she would get to have a meet and greet and said everyone should check out his sister’s page. His sister has less than a thousand insta followers and the other girl in this meet and greet has a tiny fraction of Irene’s following. Wishing you continued success, Irene. Forget the haters!

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2014 / 1:50 am

Lol I saw that aswell. I had the guy as one of my followers. He was talking way to much crap. Worse than a female. Too funny smh.

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2014 / 9:11 am

Lol some of the girls that attended have more followers than Annie.

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2014 / 9:37 pm

^^ lol right? Who is she?

3. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 4:08 pm

You were even prettier in person!

4. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 4:53 pm

I LOVE your outfit! Great taste!

5. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 4:59 pm

I love that you don’t take yourself too seriously, you’re gorgeous inside and out!

6. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 5:16 pm

What size did you get your top in? Its so chic!

7. Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 / 5:31 pm

Are your shoes still at BEBE???

8. Anonymous
    May 20, 2014 / 12:10 am

ugh I wanted to come meet you! You are sooooooooo gorgeous! omg! PLEASE do a meet up in Chicago again!

9. Anonymous
    May 20, 2014 / 7:40 pm

irene, do you think you can do a hair tutorial for this look? it’s prob so “simple” to do, but i’d like it for my everyday hair and i dont have a clue lol xo

10. Anonymous
    May 21, 2014 / 11:57 pm

omgggg next time you come to MI do a meet and greet!!!

11. Anonymous
    May 22, 2014 / 2:10 pm

I think its very unfortunate that someone commented about annie and the photog trying to mooch off of Irene’s success. This is a meet and greet, no big deal- to each their own in their individual successes. Why ya’ll are rating and arguing over this? boggles the mind.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2014 / 4:47 pm

I don’t think anyone was referring to Langston. He’s the one that organized the event.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2014 / 4:55 pm

I agree and disagree with the original comment. It’s petty and mean for people to be talking about it but the fact of the matter is that the two ladies are not equal in terms of social clout or following. Irene gains nothing from being linked with Annie in a joint event, Annie probably gained the most with the exposure from Langston and Irene. She should thank them.

• Anonymous
      May 29, 2014 / 10:58 am

Can individuals be friends when not equal in social clout? I think so- and if so, they should be able to do a meet up together

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2014 / 2:49 pm

They can be friends and they can hang out, but does a meet & greet for the both of them make sense? Who actually came out just for Annie? That’s like Justin Bieber having a meet & greet with a random friend.

12. Anonymous
    May 22, 2014 / 4:47 pm

IRENE! When are you coming to Baton Rouge?!