Makeup Brush & Beauty Blender Care!

Hi pumpkins!! I just posted a quickie talk-through video while i cleaned my brushes the other night! Just like its important to wash your hands, face, towels, etc… its super important to keep your makeup brushes clean too! Imagine all the gunk that builds up on those things!! That gunk is going back onto your freshly cleansed face, oy!!

I’ve used the Sigma Spa Glove to clean my brushes for almost a year now and let me tell you that it is a game changer! And now, believe it or not, they’ve topped themselves! When i first heard about the new 2x Spa Glove i was like “really? two thumbs? how is that supposed to speed things up??” but after receiving a press sample last week i was blown away! Little tweaks really make such a difference; kudos, Sigma for being so forward thinking and innovative. First off, its a lot more comfortable because of it’s smaller size so it doesn’t flop around so much. The textures (bumps, ridges, swirls, etc) are closer together and raised higher which really sped up the cleaning time! Watch me clean the first brush in my demo – a few seconds and it’s done. And the silly two thumbs really is great lol!!! It makes both sides useable on one hand, so you can swirl away with your dominant hand without having to switch hands between facial brushes and eye brushes. I know it seems trivial.. but again, the little things make all the difference especially for lazy girls like me. hehe

Spread the LOVE:

1. Anonymous
    June 26, 2014 / 8:28 am

Hey Irene! Great tips! I was wondering if you could do an updated foundation routine please!?!?

2. Anonymous
    June 26, 2014 / 9:37 pm

Thank you so much for your tips! I love hearing you talk!

3. Anonymous
    June 27, 2014 / 8:03 am

When did everyone become such an environmentalist??? Lol @ all the comments about the water running. Do they all take 2 minute showers too?

• July 7, 2014 / 11:11 pm

I agree! I saw so many comments on youtube about that too. Really sweethearts? Please tell me the name of the dolphin she is killing by using only 8 minutes of water in a video she made for YOU.

4. Anonymous
    June 27, 2014 / 2:49 pm

Great tip about the baby shampoo! So cheap!

5. Anonymous
    June 29, 2014 / 9:34 pm

Wow i need this glove!

6. Anonymous
    June 30, 2014 / 10:04 pm

Wow I feel so silly for not knowing but I actually had no idea a glove for washing brushes actually existed! I need this right now omg

I always end up shopping after reading your blog. I started using the beauty blender and clarisonic brush after watching your makeup videos (LOVE both) and now this glove is yet another thing I must have =D Love these kinds of tips!

7. July 7, 2014 / 11:08 pm

Thank you for introducing me to this glove!!! I am getting it ASAP!!!

8. Anonymous
    July 11, 2014 / 1:58 pm

Salam Irene
    I just looooove ur work…
    I was wondering if u could do a video about makeup brushes , to explain which brush for what and what r ur favorites ?

Xoxo