Pictorial: How I Style My Bangs

I like to call my bangs the Princess Jasmine Bang hehe. Flipped out and ultra voluminous. So many of you have asked for a tutorial so I wanted to do something a little different and something I’ve never done before… a pictorial!! This was so much fun to shoot!

In my opinion this style works best on clean hair, my hair is heavier when its dirty so it wont hold a curl as tightly and it wont be as lifted; but this technique is pretty fool proof. I washed my hair last Sunday so even on day three hair I think it looked pretty fab! Imagine if i styled it a few days ago!
I did film myself while doing this so leave me a comment below if you’d like a video tutorial too, with enough feedback I might just edit that later this week ;) Did it!! You can watch the tutorial HERE.
Products Used:
What I’m Wearing:
iPhone Case: Velvet Caviar | Druzy Ring: Sweet Suri Jewels | Watch: Michael Kors
Bangle: Cartier | Name Necklace: Arabian Jewelry | Sweatshirt: Heidi D Label
Makeup:
Skin/Face:
Brows:
Eyes:
Lips:
Shop!

Spread the LOVE:

1. July 10, 2014 / 12:24 am

I love everything about face mashAllah! I am just wondering what you think about the NYX Above and beyond concealer in Yellow? Is it creamy or dry, since it is in a pot?

I am like NC45 skin toned and am wondering if i can use it to like brighten under my eyes etc or if it will be too pale, or not yellow enough? Would love to hear your thoughts, and Ramadan Mubarak:)

• July 10, 2014 / 12:44 am

Thank you soo much dear! The NYX concealer is pretty creamy, its not as flawless as higher end concealers but i really love it for color correction so i usually layer another concealer on top of it. They have another yellow concealer in a wand form but thats too watery for my taste. Your skintone isnt too different from mine (I’m NC 42-44ish probably more on the 44-45 side now that its summer) so if you like a bright undereye it should suit you! Everyone’s tastes are different. It’s a $5 product though so it wouldnt hurt to try it out even if you end up tossing it! Let me know what you think of it!

2. July 10, 2014 / 12:26 am

What lipstick are you wearing ???? Love it

• July 10, 2014 / 12:45 am

I’ve listed all of the products!

3. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 12:53 am

Do a tutorial with the chocolate palette!

4. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 12:57 am

Can you explain more about the hour glass palette .. Do you use it ontop of your contour or do you use it as a face powder?

• July 10, 2014 / 12:59 am

It’s a “finishing powder” so you’re supposed to use it at the very end. i apply it lightly all over my face – i really feel like it “blurs” imperfections, ESPECIALLY in photos. I do use it now to set my undereye concealer along with my anastasia contour kit too

5. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 1:42 am

Loves it! I tried doing this using a flat iron & claw grips bahahaha
    It didn’t turn out as fabulous as yours, but hey, it looked better than what I had going on. Thanks for the tip.
    This make up looks stunning on you.
    Would love to see a full face tutorial base to finish in say an everyday yet glam way. I’m a huge fan of MAC & was wondering if you’d do one using MAC products. I’m an NC35 & honestly I haven’t found a single foundation from Sephora that doesn’t look beige or pink on me :( Watched one of your videos & tried out Loreal True Match, w6 and w5.5 both were too red. Long story short! Would love to see a full on MAC tutorial from you :) Thanks & have a fabulous day! Toodles xx

• July 10, 2014 / 9:25 am

Well i dont use MAC concealers, powders, etc… I do wear the foundation sometimes in NC 42 & NC 44 but they’re a little too yellow on my sometimes. My skin tone is constantly changing so I’m always mixing different things.

I’m sure your bangs look great! tweet me a photo!

6. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 1:47 am

Irene, hey!
    Your so gorgeous, I absolutely love you!
    I have a question I would like to ask, how do you find the right shade of foundation? I’m Bengali like you, with dark complexion. It’s just so difficult to find the right shade. I don’t want a full coverage foundation, I like the natural look, medium coverage is perfect. Tbh you look very fair/light skin in your photos but I was reading your comment above, how you said your NC 42-45 I’m also around that shade of skin tone, more-so NC 42-44. I spent a lot of money on buying foundation but always got the wrong shade, either it’s too dark or light. I do test/swatch on my face, in store and also check in natural lighting, it looks perfect, but once I actually buy it, use it full face, it looks terrible.
    I’m not after high-end foundation, I would like the Loreal true-match foundation, but I’m not sure what shade to buy, I’ve heard a lot about it, and all good reviews, I’m a yellow base as well, I don’t have sensitive skin, and just fairly normal skin. I would love if you could help me out, would mean so much, I’ve been after the right shade for a very long time. Thanks x

• July 10, 2014 / 9:29 am

Thank you so much! I don’t think i look fair at all! I think people mix “bright” with light, theres a difference!

Why do you think your foundations look terrible once you put them on your whole face? I personally mix a ton of foundations on different areas of my face because different areas need different thing, and certain areas are more tan than others. You said youre looking for drugstore foundations though and this look was done with drugstore foundations (everything is listed).

Another drugstore foundation i really like is Maybelline fit me i think i wear shade 315 off the top of my head. i recently tried their fit me concealer and that stuff is AMAZING!

7. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 1:52 am

Salaamz! I was just wondering with the current crisis going on in Gaza, what are YOUR views on the whole situation?

• July 10, 2014 / 9:23 am

WS. Well, i think everyone that isn’t blindly pro-Israel has the same view on the situation don’t you think?? Its horrifying what’s happening.. it isn’t war, its genocide. It’s even scarier that mainstream media is ignoring and/or twisting it (posting photos of the devastation in Gaza and saying that they are photos from Israel).

8. July 10, 2014 / 6:58 am

Hi Irene! Can you please do a video tutorial too? Thanks a lot! X

9. July 10, 2014 / 10:06 am

Hi Irene…i love so much your tutorials <3 you look gorgeous…can you do a video tutorial too?Thanks beautiful xoxox

10. July 10, 2014 / 10:52 am

Would love to see a video tutorial on this :)

11. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 10:59 am

Yes video!!!!!!

12. July 10, 2014 / 12:34 pm

Video plz! This was helpful too! Luv your hair and your teeth..lol!

13. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 1:37 pm

Hi Irene! I was wondering how you look so great with a middle parting? I’ve had a side parting for as long as I can remember and middle parting falls really flat on my head. Not nice at all. My hair is just as thick as yours but a lot frizzier and much harder to tame. It falls just a little above my waist. Any suggestions on how I could sport a middle parting without having it lying flat?

14. July 10, 2014 / 2:55 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

15. Anonymous
    July 10, 2014 / 5:09 pm

How do you get so much volume at your roots?? If you could show that in a video tutorial I would really appreciate it! Thanks

16. Anonymous
    July 11, 2014 / 4:06 am

hi irene :) you look so pretty here. please do a tutorial on this look :P could you also do an updated foundation routine and show us how you use the loreal true match, thanks :P xx

17. July 11, 2014 / 7:58 am

Irene! I LOVE your Arabian Jewelry necklace! I’m thinking of ordering one- is yours the large or the small? I can’t really tell the difference on their site. Thanks!

18. Anonymous
    July 11, 2014 / 4:56 pm

hood rat. gross

• July 11, 2014 / 5:30 pm

I’m ghetto?????? LOL

19. July 11, 2014 / 6:11 pm

PLEASEEEEEEE do a makeup tutorial !!! Your makeup here is just toooo PERFECT!!!!! Your just so stunningly perfect to me! I love all your videos! Such a Beauty inspiration! Keep it up gorgeous !

20. July 11, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Also I have a question? I have olive skin and dark under eye circles, what do you think the best concealer or color corrector would be best for me?

21. Anonymous
    July 11, 2014 / 10:01 pm

What watch are you wearing?? I LOOOOVE your makeup and style.

22. Anonymous
    July 11, 2014 / 10:29 pm

I wear W6 true match as well and you do a tutorial and drugstore and high end concealers pretty please..and what colors you recommend to set with

23. L A
    July 11, 2014 / 11:09 pm

Hi Irene!!! I am in LOVE with your nails!!! Can you please share the details? They look look like light pink rounded stiletto acrylics but I’m pretty sure you never get acrylics!

• July 11, 2014 / 11:55 pm

Thank you! They are CND Shellac in “Cake Pop” I do them myself at home!

24. Anonymous
    July 18, 2014 / 5:07 pm

hey girl you are GORGEOUS!! Can you do a review on on the Hourglass Ambient Light Palette? Like how you use it and where you use each color?

25. makeupbyshaz
    September 20, 2014 / 11:42 am

Love love love your hair MashaAllah! It’s absolutely gorgeous. Definitely trying this the next time I curl my hair xoxo

26. juhi
    April 14, 2015 / 12:54 pm

Hi Irene luvvvvvv your curls. .pleaseeeee do hair tutorial on how you got these amazing curls all over not just bangs !!!!!!!!!!!!!