My Laser Hair Removal Experience

shaving

Happy Monday my loves!

This has been a highly requested topic for years, body/facial hair management.. ah the struggles of a brown girl! I’m not a ridiculously hairy person but unwanted hair is something that has been somewhat of a nuisance to me, as I’m sure most of you can sympathize and relate. My biggest problem areas were my forehead/hairline and my underarms. My underarms were a problem because they never fully looked “clean shaven” no matter how recently I shaved nor how new or sharp my razor was. My hair is just very dark and coarse and always wanted some attention even sitting under my skin, blegh! My hairline is all kinds of a hot mess. I grew up with my mom teasing me calling it “monkey hair” -_- thanks mom. Not only has God given me several handfuls of baby hair, my actual hair-hair along my hairline didn’t and still doesn’t know how to behave. My widow’s peak had a cowlick so the front chunk of my hair grew straight down, the hair wouldn’t grow long or mix into the rest of my mane so it was just a straggly mess sitting on my forehead 24/7. My mom and I both have babyhair pretty much all over our foreheads except for the very center lol I swear my hairline was just shy of connecting to my brows. I’ve been getting laser hair removal done for about a year at Laser Away in Pasadena, California. I just finished my last face session last week and my body (underarms and Brazilian) is probably just about finished too! Best investment of time and money ever! I really want to start getting my legs done soon. I talk about everything in a ton of detail in the video so, enjoy! I hope it’s helpful. If you have any questions please leave them below. I’m going to do my best to vlog at my next session and ask my girl all of your questions!

Let’s take a stroll through memory lane aka my old hairline lol

1. Huma
    April 26, 2016 / 12:45 am

OMG YOU ARE SO STUNNING! My face is hairy too but I’m too scared to laser – my skin is super sensitive 😂 your hairline wasn’t as bad as I was imagining reading through the post lol but I defo see a difference now! Love your blog so much!!!!xoxx

• April 26, 2016 / 2:52 pm

If you’re worried about sensitive skin they should normally do a patch test during consultation to see how you react. My skin is really sensitive too but apart from redness which is normal, I didn’t have any problems and the place I go to has cold air coming out whilst they laser and provides aloe gel etc to calm down the stinging afterwards.

2. Tiffany
    April 26, 2016 / 1:56 pm

Thank you for speaking about this!! I really want to get laser hair removal because I have issues with side burns and chin hair! It is hormonal so will that effect it growing back? When the layering process is over the hair is dead? I just don’t want to pay for something that won’t work. You are Beautiful and I am so thankful for your openness!

3. April 26, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Loved this video! That hairline for real is on fleek haha I feel you on the hairline problems though something heavy fell on my head when I was younger and I lost a strip of hair on the side so my hairline is so ratchet. I just had my first laser session today for upper lip, chin and underarms and already see a difference with pigmentation! Though my pain threshold must be low because the I had tears streaming when she did my underarms lol

4. Ash
    April 26, 2016 / 3:34 pm

Loved your video! I also suffer from pigmentation issues under my arms and between my legs. I’ve tried everything from natural remedies to products that claim to brighten the area but nothing seemed to work. I’m not sure what is causing the darkness and I always feel insecure to wear sleeveless tops. How many treatments of laser did you get done under your arm until you saw an improvement? Did it lighten from the first time u received laser? Also, in between my legs where I do not have hair is pigmented. What do you recommend for there? Please continue making videos! I and so many other love you!!

• April 26, 2016 / 3:41 pm

One treatment was all it took to see an improvement and rid myself of the “shadow”, a couple more to never really needing to shave anymore

5. April
    April 28, 2016 / 11:50 am

I’m so down for it and my hair is so crazy everywhere! Just one question and concern.. Is it safe to do it while your pregnant!?

6. Son
    April 29, 2016 / 4:41 pm

how much was this and can you mention where you got it done?

• April 29, 2016 / 4:42 pm

They’re linked right in the post.

7. May 2, 2016 / 2:38 pm

Cool! That’s a clever way of lonkoig at it!

8. Zaina
    May 9, 2016 / 4:43 pm

I honestly don’t ever want to shave my face, but I was told my a cosmetologist I would need to shave if I wanted the laser to be effective. I’m going to visit laser away soon, is there a referral code that I can use for a discount?

I also have hair on my arms, that I really wanna get removed by laser too, Epilation & Waxing gives me chicken & bumpy skin. Ugh so depressing. Hate the Hair issue

9. Tas
    May 21, 2016 / 10:17 am

Hi! I’ve been wanting to get laser hair removal done on my face for ages! But is it true that even if you get laser hair removal done, your hair will grow back when your pregnant?

10. May 21, 2016 / 9:07 pm

Thanks for this post Irene! I’ve thought about getting laser hair removal, but I heard that it leaves scarring on dark skin. Is this a myth or do you think this is more case by case?

• May 21, 2016 / 11:32 pm

Depends on your skin and what you’re using. You can’t use anything that makes you light sensitive like antibiotics. Ask your technician.

• May 22, 2016 / 1:38 pm

Thank you! That’s helpful.

11. Zara
    June 19, 2016 / 8:47 pm

Just to get an idea how much did it cost altogether? I’m looking into it as well but want to get an idea about the cost for a “good” procedure.

12. DArlyn
    March 21, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Karmin makes the best in my opinion

13. May 20, 2017 / 9:13 pm

Hi! I did my hairline at Laser Away in Marina Del Rey and they butchered it. I have an upside U that goes up into my hair. It looks awful and I just had a hair transplant to attempt to fix it. Glad you are happy with yours but I would caution anyone against doing this bc the laser isn’t exact and can hit hairs that were not intended targets.