Get Ready With Me for Eid!

A belated Eid Mubarak to everyone that celebrated last week! With all of the tragedies happening around the world, especially during the last 10 days of Ramadan, it’s been a very difficult time for the global community. Celebrating while so many people are suffering left me feeling so guilty about even thinking about what to wear or what makeup look to do for Eid. I did realize though that stopping life isn’t productive for anyone. It doesn’t relieve the hardship or pain endured by the less fortunate; however, giving back is a start. Charity is rewarded tenfold during Ramadan but we shouldn’t forget to be generous the rest of the year. We have a little Muslim community going here in LA (alhamdulilah!) and the husbands were brainstorming different charities for us to donate to as a squad. For me at least, it’s hard to figure out what is legit and who is honest so I’m so happy that the husbands took it upon themselves to do the brunt work that is.. research! If you are interested here are some foundations that Waseem & I have donated or are donating to!

I encourage you all to leave some more suggestions in the comments section – it would be so helpful to me and I’m sure to others as well!

Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy the makeup tutorial! xo

Eid-2016

Dress: Nasib | Bag: Chloé | Shoes: Christian Louboutin

Face:

Brows:

Eyes:

Lips:

1. Mayada
    July 11, 2016 / 7:16 pm

Eid Mubarak Irene, you look lovely as usual!

This may be a little tricky because the wire is going overseas but nonetheless, this horrendous situation does not get nearly as much awareness as needed.

• July 11, 2016 / 7:17 pm

Agreed!!! Do you have any experience donating to them? Just want to make sure it isn’t a risky wire!

• Mayada
        July 11, 2016 / 7:36 pm

Unfortunately I personally have not donated via the website :( we usually send money directly to relative who distribute it from there.

2. Sanah
    July 11, 2016 / 7:17 pm

You can sponsor an orphan through islamicrelief.com

3. SaraTrisha
    July 11, 2016 / 7:25 pm

This isn’t neccesarily Islamic Relief but its a great foundation that helps people in poverty all around the world.

• July 11, 2016 / 7:26 pm

Doesn’t have to be Islamic relief! Thank you!

4. Shay
    July 11, 2016 / 10:04 pm

http://www.hhrd.org (helping hands for relief and development). I’ve always been skeptical to donate to online organizations but ultimately decided to put my trust in Allah that if my intention was good, the money would go to those who need it. I’ve personally donated many times to this organization and love that I can choose where it goes to. 100% recommend it.

5. Aqsa Ghaffar
    July 11, 2016 / 10:07 pm

Their website is https://edhi.org/ , and they have offices all over the world but the phone numbers for their USA headquarters are 718-639-0633, 718-639-2150 & 917-832-6439. They’re available Monday- Saturday from 9 to 5!!! You should definitely look into their foundation. They help with disasters all over the world, and they do a lot for orphans (they take in every child), help refugees, provide burial services for those who can’t afford it, education etc. It’s a great charity that’s recognized worldwide and ofc its non profit!

6. July 11, 2016 / 10:13 pm

Its my website opened for my mother in law.

7. Asma Dhorajiwala
    July 11, 2016 / 10:37 pm

Definitely check out thaakat foundation!

8. Sabeen
    July 11, 2016 / 10:58 pm

Checkout MWAchicago.org. Muslim Womens Alliance is dedicated to helping women and girls through empowerment, community service and philanthropy. Also checkout Syrian Community network.
    Indian Muslim Relief Committee also has a really high rating as a charity.

9. July 12, 2016 / 12:47 am

Irene, it’s great to hear about philanthropy and friends coming together to make a difference. I recently started a community foundation and it seems like your group of friends would make a perfect “Donor Giving Circle”. Let’s connect soon for setting one up next year if you’re focusing on giving in Ramadan or sooner if you give at the end of the year.

Use sites like Charity Navigator to ease your worries of whether a nonprofit is legit or not.

I’ve been working in nonprofits as a fundraiser for over 6 years in and outside of the Muslim community, and the idea of the community foundation also includes a way to grade nonprofit organizations based on their relevance to their mission and the programs they do. We want to make sure they have great service delivery and focus on things they can accomplish well as opposed to trying to do everything.

We are still officially applying for our tax deductible status with the IRS but are officially a 501c3 nonprofit: American Muslim Fund.

Would love to chat with you/the husbands if you’re interested!

Take care,
    Muhi

10. July 12, 2016 / 9:59 am

You are working every single shot – PER USG! And you look amazing! Double PER USG!

I love how you can go to any part of the world and find a community for yourself amongst Muslims. It’s a beautiful thing!

Eid Mubaarak to you, Waseem, & Tuna!!

11. July 12, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Hey Irene,

Check out http://www.thaakat.org they have projects in Ghana(school), Sierra Leone(maternity center), and Pakistan(school). In the past they’ve done projects in Japan, India, and Bangladesh. As well as having local projects and chapters. The entire board is volunteers so they make no money and do this all along with their regular jobs. All the charity collected for projects goes straight there. Check them out on their website or @thaakat on IG.

12. Nadiya Miah
    July 12, 2016 / 4:16 pm

Hi ma sha Allah great work you’re doing.

There’s a couple who have moved to Syria and have given up their lives here in the UK to provide aid, food and shelter to our Muslim brothers and sisters and have been doing so for the last couple of years. They work alongside One Nation to do humanitarian work. Their Facebook page is Live updates from Syria, donations can be made at http://www.SaveOurSyria.com. I highly recommend this cause having donated myself on numerous occasions and have witnessed their brilliant work ma sha Allah. May Allah swt reward them for their good deeds.

Also Eid Mubarak to you and your husband.

:) Xx

13. July 13, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Eid Mubarak to you, Waseem and your families!

I have personal experience with Pious Projects (www.piousprojects.org). I don’t trust many charitable organizations due to past experience but after researching Pious Projects and corresponding with their Executive Director, Fahim Aref, I’ve been donating to them for a year. They have 100% donation policy and based out of Greater Chicago area.

I have also donated to Karam Foundation and recommend them (you have included them in your blog).

I also recommend Nisa Homes (www.nisahomes.com) which is based out of Canada. They have transitional homes for women and children of abused homes. They accept monetary donations, as well as food and non-food items:

I am not affiliated with any of the above-mentioned charitable organizations. I recommend them solely from my experience.

Thank you for raising awareness and reminding us to donate!

14. Farha
    July 13, 2016 / 8:20 pm

Zamzamwater.org A wonderful organization where you can see your money is going!

15. Salwalishious
    July 13, 2016 / 9:12 pm

A salam u Aliucm;

well i am here to wish you as well a happy Eid.. but i was sad and crying for this tragedy that had happened. Seriously, during the ten days for Ramadan that was very devastating.. people are killed for no reason at all.. and children as well.. it kills me to see this on my own eyes and witness families grieving during the month of Ramadan! i have faith in Allah that this happens for a reason.. i remember reading in Quran talking about evil people will bring war to challenge Allah (SWT) and Allah dared for that to happen.. i believe that we here in mission to stop this completely ! how and where? we don’t know but that is the start to do something for a huge change .. May Allah accept our good attention and protect us from such.. Amen!

16. July 27, 2016 / 4:01 pm

Hey Irene,
    Check out Heroic Hearts Org, founded by working Muslim professionals and their board is completely dedicated to the cause, without any form of compensation. They have 100% donation policy and currently they are working in Syria, Mali, Palestine, and Somalia. I personally donating to their orphans sponsorship program.

Website:

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/heroicheartsorg

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMNculybTD0

17. July 28, 2016 / 5:34 am

I love your blog!!! Your photography is good too!!! Keep it up!