Hi my gorgeous loves! I filmed this tutorial shortly after the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, obviously totally inspired by the gorgeous makeup look this year but after initial concept approval from the brand I was working with, in the 25th hour they decided I couldn’t use the VS name in my video. SO frustrating to water my video down to a generic look as this is one of my favorite inspired looks I’ve ever done, I worked SO hard on it, AND I think I got the look pretty close! You can be the judge of that :) I wish I could have regrouped and published this video the way I wanted but – as I’m sure you’ve heard.. I’m pregnant! I just did not have the energy to go back to the drawing board for them after such a long back-and-forth process. There’s nothing I can do at this point so I’m going to try to stop being upset about it and tell you all about the look and inspiration here on the blog! :)
This year’s (err.. last year) Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was my favorite in years! I feel like they really got that early 2000s magical essence that has seemed to disappear over the years. The girls looked so gorgeous, the designs were fantastic, & I loved the musical guests (especially Bruno Mars!). Let’s talk about the makeup look though *heart eyes* !!! As much as I love the way VS models are styled, the makeup is never wearable for me and my huge eyes. If I don’t have eyeliner on, it doesn’t even look like I have makeup on so I love that the girls were rockin’ a winged liner this year! So flirty and perfect for Paris.
Every girl’s wing was slightly different based on their eye type – some were sharp and defined, others were a bit smoked out. Eyes aren’t created equally so you gotta do what works for you! I know I’m always cryin’ about it but my eyes are huge, there is no subtle when it comes to eyeliner because it simply won’t show up. It’s all about that liner to lid/eye ratio so naturally my wing is a little (lot) thicker than a lot of these beauties’ but to keep it from becoming overpowering, I smoked my wing out!
I wen’t light on the skin with a more sheer foundation than usual, and I contoured with a water based foundation instead of my usual heavy cream contour. This resulted in such a fresh, glowy look. I love it & I hope you do too!
- Farsali Rose Gold Elixir
- Lancome Absolue Precious Cells Nourishing Lip Balm
- Lancome Energie De Vie – The Smoothing & Plumping Water-Infused Cream
- Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector, Medium Dark
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation, Deep Bronze
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, Light Medium
- Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Palette (nose contour)
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder, Pink
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette
- Kylie Cosmetics Black Kyliner
- Lilly Lashes Miami
- Hourglass Strobe Lighting Powder, Brilliant Strobe Light
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, Ethereal Glow
- Morphe x Deysi Danger Highlight Palette — use code IRENE for discount
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist
- MAC Spice Lip Pencil
- Benefit Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm, Lollibalm