Our Baby Shower

Happy hump day! I am so excited to share with you some photos from our baby shower this past weekend! It was beyond perfect and exceeded every expectation I had :’) It was such a beautiful afternoon with family & friends celebrating our baby girl – who is almost here, God willing!

I worked with Shumaila at So Cal Event Planners on all the deets! Her attention to detail and professionalism blew me away! Where was she when I was getting married and trying to wrangle each individual vendor myself?! I talked her through my ideas, sent her some pinterest inspo, provided a ballpark budget, and she really hit the ground running to handle it all! I thought her work would end at securing vendors and coordinating them – wrong! She added little details to things like favors, water bottles, & games that I would have never thought of; it all really tied up the event and branded it into such a polished finished product *heart eyes*. Shumaila is so wonderful at what she does and is such a beautiful person, I highly recommend her for any event y’all Southern Californians might be planning!

I was originally brainstorming some pretty specific themes but decided to scrap it all a week before and just go with a themeless-soft-pink-baby-girl-shower & I am so happy I did! I wanted blush toned florals for our wedding so badly but I knew they wouldn’t go with my traditional maroon/gold dress. Clearly, I’ve been waiting for the right moment to go pink-crazy! Expecting a girl, I was really able to stay true to my feminine aesthetic despite having a co-ed shower: a ton of pink (sorry boys!) & a tad gaudy (ie extra lol!)

Shumaila recommended Kismet Event Design for floral design & decor; essentially describing the owner, Saadia, as having the midas touch! Everything she touches turns to gold! When I tell you that my jaw fell to the floor when I walked into our venue, I am not exaggerating! My husband even said he was overwhelmed (in a good way!). Since our guestlist wasn’t huge at about 35 people, I really wanted to do long elegant tables with a flower runner down the center. I was expecting a little row of hydrangeas and roses but what I ended up with was a bed of florals with a tiny side of place-settings haha! If these arrangements had been any more luxurious, I’m talking even an inch wider, there wouldn’t have been space to eat! Chargers & chairs are from Something Borrowed Party Rentals btw!

Paper flowers are trending like crazy these days so I was thinking of a pink & gold flower wall to serve as a backdrop to the cake/dessert table. I sent Shumaila a couple inspo photos and trusted her and Saadia to do their thing! This gorgeous tasseled backdrop Saadia designed was everything! I especially loved the pops of lavender. I would have gotten married in this room if I could have lol! Just a dream!!!

My beautiful dessert spread was done by @Dipd_n_Dripd & she didn’t even need any direction at all! I fully trusted her creations via what I saw on her page.. perfection! She posted a little video on her page yesterday showing how she hand paints the little chocolate adornments, everything is so intricate and detailed (& yummy! I’m still eating leftovers!)

I wanted a simple cake and decided to go with a naked cake (also trending!) decorated with peonies. Classic, simple, feminine, & so yummy!!!! As much as I love extravagant 3d cakes, I prefer regular frosting over fondant so I was able to put my extra-ness aside for a bomb slice of cake! My husband, Waseem’s birthday was less than a week before the shower so I got him a cake too to celebrate with all his friends and family in the room! Both cakes were by @thecakebouttique! Mine had raspberry filling, Waseem’s had mocha! YUM!

Our gorgeous photos were done by Jason Haider Studio and they look so dreamy!!! I can’t wait to get them printed!

Last but not least… my snapchat filter ahhh!!! My friend recommended PrettyFilters on Etsy so I reached out to them the week of my shower to see if they could get it done in time. They had a mockup ready for me within a day or two and it was nearly perfect (their general turnaround is within 5 days though btw!)! All I needed changed was the text and we were good to go! I’m so obsessed with how great of a job they did, especially on my hair!

My dress is from WantMyLook – use code IRENE for discount!

Spread the LOVE:

1. Jean
    May 24, 2017 / 6:45 pm

Did you not have any pics of your guests?

• May 24, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Of course *I* do lol! Just not on my blog!

• Jas
      May 24, 2017 / 7:04 pm

this is such a silly comment.

2. Aleyna
    May 24, 2017 / 6:50 pm

You look stunning mA! Congrats a bunch on the bundle of joy :D

3. Zahra
    May 24, 2017 / 7:08 pm

Amazing pictures. Is there a full length picture of your dress?

• May 24, 2017 / 7:09 pm

Thank you! the last photo is full length :) its on my Instagram without the snap filter

4. Birsha
    May 24, 2017 / 7:10 pm

You looked beautiful congrats 👸🏽

5. Maya
    May 24, 2017 / 7:18 pm

Assuming you served dinner/lunch at your baby shower… did you guys decide to go with Indian food? Or cater elsewhere? I’m planning a similar event & I’m torn between serving food my parents will like, or food I will like lol *sigh*

Beautiful pictures btw!! You guys will make amazing parents :)

• May 24, 2017 / 7:19 pm

Hahahha oh yes we went full fob with nihari 😂 everyone was laughing that their plates were hidden by the flowers so they were able to eat ugly food in peace lol!

• Saira
        May 25, 2017 / 8:50 am

My kinda girl 😍😍

6. Teffie
    May 24, 2017 / 7:43 pm

What lipstick are you wearing? Love you guys. Congrats! Xoxo

• Teffie
      June 1, 2017 / 7:15 pm

?

7. May 24, 2017 / 9:08 pm

I showed my mom and sister pics because I was just in love with the decor! Also obsessed with your outfit <3 congrats!

8. Abeer
    May 24, 2017 / 9:32 pm

Hello Irene, many congratulations to you! I have a request, if you don’t mind posting a blog on your recents trip that you went to? That would be wonderful and will look forward to reading it!
    Love from,
    Canada!

9. Jessica
    May 24, 2017 / 10:11 pm

So can’t wait for baby khan to come :) wishing you a happy rest of your pregnancy & a safe delivery. You really inspire me, Irene. I’ve been following you since your geekchic01 days, and I hope to be like you. In your “draw my life video,” you said,” whenever you feel like your life is ending, it’s really just beginning.” You don’t know how often I’ve repeated that to myself over the past few years. Also, you said that the best things in life come when you’re least expecting them, and I’m trying to live like that. Enough of my ramble. I always write this on your Instagram, but I’ve shockingly never commented on your blog (until now). Congrats!
    Love,
    Jessica

• May 24, 2017 / 10:30 pm

Thank you SO MUCH love!!! That line that i said kind of came out of nowhere but honestly its stuck with me too!! So happy it gave you a sense of calm no matter how randomly or spontaneously it came out of my mouth lol! Thank you so much for all of your love and support, wishing you infinite blessings! xo

10. May 24, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Congratulations, beautiful! Becoming a momma is such an exciting experience – I also am pregnant with my first! When I saw your shower pictures I was baffled at how similar our tastes are! I too ordered a naked cake for my shower along with hosting long tables with floral table runners and this season’s infamous gold beaded rim charger plates. I wish you and your little family all the happiness and joy to come, In’Sha’Allah. Congrats again! xx

• May 24, 2017 / 11:25 pm

Great minds!!! :) mA congrats on your pregnancy too!!! Wishing you a smooth, happy, & healthy pregnancy! May you and your family always be blessed iA!

11. ikkeera
    May 25, 2017 / 4:23 am

Congratulation, you both look beautiful plus the decor of the whole event is lovely! who did the photography? loving each and everything in the blog :D

• May 25, 2017 / 9:16 am

Thank you! The photographer is listed in the post :)

12. Sanjna
    May 25, 2017 / 5:26 am

Irene you are absolutely stunning!! A massive congratulations to you and Waseem! You both give off so much love and I can’t wait to see your journey as parents. You’re shower was absolutely stunning! Literally jaw dropping!! I’m not even engaged yet but kept my partner up all night showing him how I want my shower the same – safe to say he is low key freaking out haha! So much love and blessings for you and your beautiful family! ❤️

• Sanjna
      May 25, 2017 / 5:27 am

Your*

• May 25, 2017 / 9:17 am

Thank you SO MUCH!! Haha @ your boyfriend freaking out, that is too cute and funny! Thanks again for your kind words and well wishes! Xo

13. Lisa
    May 25, 2017 / 7:12 am

Hi Irene!
    is your Slip under your dress Nude or Pink? You looked beautiful!

• May 25, 2017 / 9:13 am

Thank you! It’s brown, so I guess nude!

14. Nancy azizi
    May 25, 2017 / 9:09 am

I’m mesmerized by your beauty MashAllah everything looks perfect !

15. May 25, 2017 / 9:13 am

Incredibly gorgeous shower. I cannot get over it!!! I’ve been following you since the geekchic01 days as well and am absolutely inspired by your life journey! Tons of congrats to you and Waseem! May God bless your family iA!
    I LOVE the fact that you wore this beautiful black dress – I just purchased it – do you have any suggestions on where you found the slip you wore underneath the dress?

• May 25, 2017 / 9:15 am

The slip actually came with a F21 dress I bought almost 10 years ago! I wanted to buy something longer but didn’t have the time! I’m sure you can find a ton of options in the lingerie dept AND skip dresses are so in right now anyways I’m sure you could easily find a dress too!

Thank you soooo much for your kind words and support over the years!

16. Kiran
    May 25, 2017 / 10:52 am

Hey!! What venue was this? Looks amazing!!

17. Kayum
    May 27, 2017 / 7:32 am

Hi Irene! I am kayum from India. You look so beautiful at the baby shower. I hope baby comes soon and healthy. Blessings from my side. You inspire me and my friends so much, it’s always so good to see you doing different Indian styles so Beautifully. Keep up the goof job! LLove you so much🌸🌸

18. Henna
    May 29, 2017 / 12:35 am

Awwww i can already feel that your baby shower was splendid through the pictures. The decorations are superb.Kudos to the one who put so much effort in the deco so that your baby shower become a success.Been following you since long.I’ve been following many youtubers but it turns out that you are one of my favourites.You look fab in your black dress.Would u mind if i ask you about the questions of your ‘Who knows Mommy best’?Wish you a safe delivery and may your baby girl be as kind and as sweet as you are.God Bless . Love xx

19. Angelica
    June 12, 2017 / 8:17 am

Every thing looks amazing!!! You look beautiful & your dress is gorgeous!!!

20. Nisha
    June 12, 2017 / 11:43 am

Congrats to you guys! And just wanted to you looked gorgeous as always! Love ya, my all time favorite blogger and YouTuber! ❤️

21. Naureen
    June 12, 2017 / 12:30 pm

Beautiful- every detail- including the Mama (MashaAllah)! May your little princess be blessed in every way (iA) :)

• June 12, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Inshallah!

Thank’s so much Naureen! xoxox

22. Komal
    June 12, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Truly OBSESSED with every single detail!! You and Waseem look so beautiful and happy MA!
    So happy for you guys!! Congratulations <333

23. Eman
    June 16, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Obsesssseddd! I dream of hosting an event so beautiful like this one day inshAllah.
    MashAllah, may Allah bless you two both with whatever you wish for and lots of happiness and ease with your upcoming bundle of joy, iA! It’s been so nice to watch you come so far and achieve so much since your geekchic days, love your content! Sending lots of love from Michigan <3

24. Fatima Jallow
    June 21, 2017 / 12:38 am

mA this looks amazing, you look gorgeous! It looks so magical..may Allah give you a quick and easy delivery, may Allah bless you with a healthy and beautiful baby girl and protect her from all types of evil..ahmeen

25. Kathy Herrera
    August 17, 2017 / 4:19 pm

This is all insanely BEAUTIFUL #Obsessed like honestly dude I love it all…and the little details just make everything perfect I can’t….love Love LOVE…ps stunning in a black dress never seen a black dress at a shower before totally original 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 all in all solid 10!!!

26. atiyyah